Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Submitting gracefully

Me, 'Darling, can I go out tonight please?'

Him, 'Who with and where are you going?'

Me, 'Becky's house, it's her birthday BBQ'.

Him, 'OK darling, but you know the rules, drink responsibly and be home by midnight please', he then gave me a few swats on the backside, just to drive home the point.

I hate this! Recently he has been working very hard, but my father has recently moved in down the road, so babysitting opportunities are plentiful.

I am also working very hard for my art exhibition, which is coming up and so am burning the candle at both ends.

He knows that I have, in the past got silly with alcohol, but I haven't for a very long time.  I also have been relatively well behaved recently.

I am however, thoroughly fed up with having my freedom capped.

He uses my recent boom in social life, as a test to prove my submission and his dominance.

Often I submit and do as I am told, but it is such a test.

The last time when offered another drink (my limit was one as I was working the next day) I was so annoyed that I couldn't have another one.

It is really hard at the moment.  The thing is, I think I would honestly come home at a reasonable time and drink a reasonable amount, as I have allot of work to do.  I don't think he is trusting me enough, or giving me freedom to make the right choices for myself.

I feel very sulky at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment