Total Pageviews

Sunday, 29 July 2012

the way a woman thinks

I can smell a row in the air.

Women are so odd, why do we say one thing, when we think another.

Why do we expect our poor men to run around guessing how we really feel about something?

This is where my mind went this morning.

Husband, 'It's sorted, we are doing boot camp on Tuesday, can you get me a coffee darling?'

Me, 'Do you want me to write down key points of boot camp so you can make a decision more quickly?'

Husband, 'Yes please' Looking at diary, 'oh, we may have a problem with boot camp as I have a band rehearsal that night'.

Okay, this is what I said in response, 'Oh, well then we can't do boot camp, we need to focus fully on it, so you will need to cancel our daughter going to stay with your parents'.

This is what my mind said.

'Well then you won't be able to do it properly...you aren't willing to focus entirely on us as a couple...You don't want to focus on us as a couple...I put in more effort and you just sit there...How can you expect me to take everything that you want me to take in boot camp, when you wont give yourself fully to the experience... I AM ANGRY...you might as well say to me, 'yes I will spend time working towards our marriage, just so long as I put my band first'.


Grrrrr I AM ANGRY.


It feels like I am willing to put more into Dd and us than he is, he doesn't think or put any forethought into things. He's so annoying!


This is why we row.  This is what happens, I get cross because the little voices inside my head start talking to me.  I wind myself up into a rage and end up rude and belligerent.  This is what causes me to be cross and him to spank me because I end up shouting and being rude.


Grrrrr......


I have no idea where this will go.  I have no idea if I will be able to contain my annoyance and anger with him.  I have no idea but the odds are I will end up OTK before the day is through!


No I WONT get you a flipping coffee!

9 comments:

  1. Oh C! I know how you are feeling. You probably had already psyched yourself up for boot camp, made arrangements for your daughter so you called focus on it properly and now feel very frustrated. why don't you tell J how you are feeling without getting upset or angry. tell him how important it is to you. I wish you well with boot camp, it's not something I have considered. Take care Milly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi anon, I did tell him! thankfully I was able to stay polite! I said to him, 'please don't talk until I have finished because I am angry and I need to try and articulate why', it worked hoorah! I apologised for being oversensitive and he for being unsensitive!

      Delete
  2. Oh C! I know how you are feeling. You probably had already psyched yourself up for boot camp, made arrangements for your daughter so you called focus on it properly and now feel very frustrated. why don't you tell J how you are feeling without getting upset or angry. tell him how important it is to you. I wish you well with boot camp, it's not something I have considered. Take care Milly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. I'm sorry u r frustrated. - Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh - I know how you are feeling! I often have those same thoughts about how hard I am working at this, and 51 seems so distant and so...just so. I know for us, the retreat / boot camp lite experience was great and got us both on the same page.

    Since then we have seen improvement, on both sides, so hopefully it will all work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I have only just got your names! at first I thought it was your ages!

      Thanks.
      c

      Delete
  5. Ugh. I can certainly relate to the little voices in my head getting to me. I decide that Michael feels or doesn't feel a certain way and don't give him a say in it. It doesn't usually end up good for me either I'm afraid. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Grace, darn those little voices!

      Delete