Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 11 December 2012

I'm Pregnant

Hello those of you who still read my blog.

Sorry for the lack of writing.

My lovely husband and I recently found out that we are pregnant.  This time last year, to the week, we had a nasty miscarriage that ended up with me in hospital having a blood transfusion.  It traumatized us quite a bit, so when we found out that we were expecting again, we went into total hibernation mode.

It has been a struggle but we are now in the second trimester and have had a scan, with all great results.



Of course we didn't, at first, know what to do with regards to Dd and pregnancy and my husband originally said that he didn't want to spank me or do anything that could harm the baby.  We were very scared and he treated me like I would crumble if he so much as told me off.

It was good that I was pretty well behaved and respectful.  In all honesty I think that the need to not spank me meant that Dd was given a good injection of strength, and allowed us to take some distance to analyse it all.

It is so easy for it to turn into a game and I have seen lots of people who this happens to, with nicknames and strange rituals.  At the end of the day as Christina at redbootywoman said, Domestic Discipline is a part of my life, it doesn't define me.  This is often a struggle at the start.  I think Dd is so alien to most people at the start, that it can easily turn into a game.

This to us ended after a while and now after two and a bit years (I've lost count), it has just become a natural part of us and the way we live our lives.

I wont lie to you, at first the thought of not spanking was very strange to me.  Spanking has never been a huge part of our life, just something that happens.  However the thought of not doing it was really odd to both of us.

We adjusted though and it forced us to analyse Dd and the way it works for us.  After a few months, it soon became clear that, although it wasn't what defined us, it was a tool that was necessary in our marriage and we have found a way to do it through pregnancy that means no impact is felt from my baby, but that harmony is still restored in our lives when things get out of hand.  It has become an infrequent occurrence though, but is still available for my beloved if and when he needs it.

We shall have to see how Dd progresses from here.

Take care all.

C

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations !!!! That's wonderful news.
    I wish you both the very best.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations... What wonderful news! May God continue to bless you throughout your pregnancy and arrival of your little one. -Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! So happy for both of you. Every couple (DD/vanilla) defines how their marriage is going to work for their individual and joint needs. Sounds like you two have figured out what works for you which is great progress for any couple!

    Take care of yourself and check in with us whenever you can.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Very exciting news:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your lovely blog through LDD and added you to my bloglist.
    A great blog and congratulations to both of you!
    It sounds as if you are a very happy couple.
    All the best
    Jack's Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful news. Congratulations to you both.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you! I am so excited to hear your news!
    I recently gave birth to my little twins and we still practiced a bit of DD in between.
    I also had an upsetting miscarriage about 4 months before getting pregnant with my twins. It was a rough road so we were VERY light if anything DD related during my pregnancy.

    Now things are back into "full swing" as to say!

    Here's to a happy and Healthy pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations all good wishes C! Children are one of life's greatest blessings. Take care & Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!! So happy for you and your family!!! You have to tell us what you are having!!! Super big Hugs!!!
    ~hugs~
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. I'm happy for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congraulations!! That is so exciting! Hoping for a healthy baby :)

    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is wonderful news, congratulations to you both!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi . I have been following your blog anonymously (can't figure out how to have a web identity!) I am so happy for you and your husband and wish you a safe pregnancy. DD is just one part of your marriage and I am sure that your creative husband can find safe ways to continue it (even without spanking) until you deliver and are safe and sound, nursing a happy little baby.
    It's only a few months, even though it seems like an eternity to you!
    Waddle on....

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is an wonderful Christmas miracle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely to read your blog again!

    Welcome back.....and Congratulations!

    Hugs

    H.P & A

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,

    Really great to reading your blog, its been a long time :)

    Welcome back ~ and CongratulationsI know I've already said it, but hope your pregnancy, gets better, step by step.

    Take care

    H.P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful news! Many congratulations!

    Hugs, Ami

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the little bundle of joy!!!

    ReplyDelete