Total Pageviews

Friday, 19 July 2013

Baby is one month old!

She is here, our lovely, beautiful daughter.

It didn't exactly go as planned.

Well, quite frankly that is a huge understatement!

A month ago one evening, when I was a week over due, my daughter woke me up in the middle of the night crying.

I though it was strange, as it rarely happens.  I went into her room and sung her back to sleep.

I felt odd, strange feelings down below, but nothing to suspect that I might soon be in labor.

I sat in bed and my waters broke, all over the bed.

I walked downstairs to call my husband, who was on his way back from work, and in the time it took me to go downstairs, I was in full blown labor.

My husband arrived within ten minutes and began filling the pool.

Ten minutes later I screamed for him to come upstairs as my labor was very intense with barely any gaps between contractions.

He came upstairs.

'I need the loo' I said and he sat on the bath and I sat on the loo.

I then had a sudden need to push, but for a second told my self that I was insane, it had only been 25 minutes since my first contraction.

I stood up from the toilet. Screamed at my husband to call an ambulance and delivered my daughter myself while standing in the bathroom.

I am seriously not joking! My first labor was 21 hours, this one was 30 minutes.

It would have been a dream labor if the story had ended there.

Unfortunately it didn't end there.

Within 30 minutes I was lying on my landing floor surrounded by three midwives and two paramedics who were trying to stop me bleeding at a dangerous rate.

After making me stable, blue lights to hospital and twenty very serious medical professionals around my bedside.  I was rushed to theater to stop my bleeding.

My poor husband was literally left holding the baby.

It was estimated that I had lost over 3 liters of blood and was given a four pint blood transfusion.

A month later and I am much better.  My husband is slightly less traumatized having watched as his wife was critically ill, in shock and in and out of consciousness. And the best part was my daughter is beautiful and lovely at 9lb 2oz at birth!

Life is getting back to a new normal - despite the minimal sleep!

I will keep you all posted.

Take care
C

11 comments:

  1. Wow, glad to hear you are ok now. That must have been terrifying for everyone.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your little girl! I've been thinking about you, thank you for the update.

    Oh boy, that sounds so scary! So glad to hear everyone is well and that you are now much better.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sounds really scary.
    I'm glad is all ok and that you are able to enjoy your beautiful girl
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very happy to hear from you. I love a good birth story and so happy your incredible one has left you once again healthy. Enjoy your baby snuggles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so sorry that y'all had all that stress and danger in the birth of your little girl. I am so happy that you and your baby are fine now. In nursing school we were told to be very aware that the 3rd baby a lot of times would come very fast. I knew a woman who ended up having her 3rd one in her bathroom. (She had actually been sent home from the hospital, and told she was having false labor). I guess she showed them. Enjoy them when they are little because time flies faster and faster. It doesn't seem like almost 30 years since I had mine. May God bless you all with Joy and health from this point on. -Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh C...so happy to hear that you and your little one are safe! Wow...what an ordeal for all of you. Take care of yourself and enjoy your family. Visit when you can.

    Sending lots of prayers and healing energy your way.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry that you had such a scary time! Thank goodness you are both doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! No one could have predicted this. I am so relieved to hear you and little baby are okay, and your husband! Congratulations on your new little blessing!!! *BIG HUGS!*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! What an entrance:) Glad to hear from you, thoughts and prayers all around. How is big sister?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, so glad you are both ok. I gave birth to my 3rd son on 17th May at home here in the UK. All of my labours have been quick (2 hrs, 40 mins and now just 20mins) so I guess I am lucky. All three have been delivered at home and only the first one did the midwives arrive in time so my husband is a pro! lol I am very lucky that I have never had any complications not even as much as a tear. Obviously I find this baby thing easy as we have just found out that baby number 4 is on the way when number 3 is only 11 weeks old now. I wish you all well both now and in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing story! None of my births were without complications but none as wild as yours! I am sure your husband wasn't sure which end was up and left a frazzled mess! We have missed you very much here in blog land! Congratulations from the bottom of my heart on your new baby girl! God Bless !!

    ReplyDelete