Total Pageviews

Friday, 6 September 2013

And we're back

Finally we are getting back to our old selves after such a traumatic labor and are finally getting used to our new life with a three year old and a 2 month old.

I have had lots of help to come to terms with what happened and have been suffering from PND, thankfully I seem to be emerging back into the sunlight again! Thanks to some great counselling and antidepressants.

Having been pregnant along with everything else that has followed, spanking hasn't really been high up on our agenda. My husband however is clearly realising this also and saying things like, 'behave yourself' when he leaves for work and gently tapping me on the behind when we are in public!

It's so lovely to have such a strong husband, he has been so wonderful. Firstly looking after and feeding our baby while I was critically ill after our labor, and now in the role he does best, as a strong and loving husband and father.

He helps with night feeds, stops me from falling into a pit of despair, even if that is what my instincts are telling me and just generally being wonderful and supportive.

It is certainly nice to be feeling like new again, just as well as I start working part time next week!


6 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogland and congratulations on your new baby, your new life and your wonderfully supportive husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back and know that you were missed.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I'm glad things are getting better and that you are emerging into the sunlight and that you have such a wonderfully supportive husband.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you here again, and glad that your husband is taking such good care of you. :) Sounds like you are truly blessed all around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you two. It's tough having littles and trying to make everything else work. I'm glad you're hanging in there!

    Hugs
    M.

    ReplyDelete