Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Dangerous behaviour

There are times when you have to admit that you deserve a spanking. Yesterday was one of those days.

I have only been spanked three times in the last year. This is because I was pregnant and then had a new born baby to contend with.  Now things are back to normal again and we have our evenings back and that means opportunities for Mummy and Daddy time.

Recently I was given a car by my Nan.  It's old but brilliant for running the kids to preschool or popping into town for something.  The problem is that I am used to my husband's car and usually my husband strapping everyone in before going somewhere.

For some unearthly reason, in my new car, I regularly forget to strap my eldest into her car seat.  When this first started happening, she told me, 'Mummy I'm not strapped in'. But recently she hasn't told me and I haven't realised until we have reached our destination.

I should probably tell you at this point that I am also not the world's best driver.  I honestly don't consciously take risks but I also manage to cause problems on the road.  In the past 5 years I have been convicted of driving without due care and attention, for crossing a red light and the same set of traffic lights twice and also once fell asleep at the wheel, hitting a family and almost killing myself (the entire left hand side of the car was crushed.)



I am not proud of this but my husband, quite rightly, is rather worried about me driving.

I don't go far, normally within 4 miles of my home, no long runs.

So when, at first my husband discovered that I hadn't strapped my daughter in, he gave me a serious telling off.

A week goes by and I do it again - bummer! I text him this time, chickened out as I knew what would happen, and he replied with, 'thank you for telling me darling, we shall have to deal with it when the children are in bed'.  Then just after I sent the text, I did it again! twice in one day, OH MY GOSH - what's wrong with me!



So that evening, while the kids were in bed, I found myself in a similar position over my husband's knee.

Just before, he said to me, 'If you do this again, it will be much worse and I will take your car keys away'.

The next day I went to pick my daughter up from preschool, with my baby daughter in her car seat in the back. As I was driving I suddenly realised that I had forgotten to strap her car seat into the car! OH MY GOSH! I can't believe it, even after a spanking I still forgot.

There were no words for it! I deserved it, I endangered my children. I don't think I have ever been spanked for something that I knew was totally my fault before. I mean I have always agreed but this time it was different.  There were no arguments, no reasons or excuses.

It was one of those spankings when I squirmed at first but just law there after a while and waited for it to stop.

So after a year of being spanked once, I have now been spanked twice in one week! I guess it's like buses one doesn't come for ages, then three come along at the same time.



C'est la vie!



6 comments:

  1. You are preoccupied...two small children require a lot of attention!

    What you need is something to visually remind you each and every time you start the car.

    Here's an idea-- get a piece of 8.5 x 11 inch white felt from the craft store, punch holes in the upper two corners and pass string through it and around the headrest of the driver's seat, so it lies flat against the backrest of the driver's seat-- a hanging sign. With a permanent marker, write "Seat Belts" on it. This way, if you have forgotten to belt the kids in, you will be reminded when you are climbing into the driver's seat.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that is a great idea, I shall give it a try.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an afterthought, make sure the ink doesn't rub off before you lean against it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha! yeah and went all over my husband's precious car! - the out come would be terrible! c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh I've done the SAME kind of thing a few times. You just want to shake your head at yourself. But we learn eventually (though maybe it's a painful process!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and you're probably still experiencing mom brain from the pregnancy too, and that doesn't help with memory either. :( I'm glad that your husband is there to help you remember... so sad that you might have to lose your car keys though! :( Did you yet? Hoping you get another chance, though understand if he said no as well. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete