Total Pageviews

Friday, 20 September 2013

Time out of being a Mum is healthy

I feel that I am a good Mum.

I believe in structure, but withing that structure my daughter has lots of freedom.

I am happy for her to make a mess, to get muddy and run around in puddles.

We read lots of books, paint pictures and bake cakes.

I want her to learn to make her own decisions and mistakes but I am also firm.

I don't spank my children r lay a finger on them but I am strict and they do as they are told.

I feel we have a good balance.

I am practically a stay at home Mum, I work two mornings a week, but otherwise I look after my children and take care of our home.

I recently went back to work after having my second baby. She was only 12 weeks old but it was so freeing.

I get into my car, knowing my babies are safe with their wonderful Daddy, and I instantly feel empowered.

I never thought I would enjoy working so much. I teach English as a foreign language and help my students to get better jobs or achieve citizenship.  It is challenging but very rewarding.

Today my husband and I are going to the cinema and leaving our girls with my mother-in-law.  I am excited to spend time with my husband without having nappies to change, drawing to coo at, or tears to dry.

I love  my girls more than life itself, but it is so wonderful to have some Mummy time, alone.  I come back fresh and filled with new energy.

So Mums everywhere, it is healthy to have time away from your kids, it makes us better parents.  Enjoy your time alone, so that you can enjoy your time with your little ones better!


3 comments:

  1. I'm not a mum but I totally get the importance of mummy time. Time to focus on you and recharge batteries etc. You have to take care of yourself first in order to be able to fully take care of others.

    Enjoy your alone time with your husband :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello C,

    What an inspiring post, I hope you are well.

    Best Wishes

    H.P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Roz, not a mommy, but get the mommy time. :) I am a nanny, have been for 12 years of my life, so I've been able to help people get their alone time, and it's great to see the difference in them when they come back recharged. :)

    ReplyDelete