Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 15 October 2013

The seat belt that broke the camels back

I wrote about not strapping my children into the car a few times!

There is no excuse for it.

My babies are not safe in my care so my husband quite rightly dealt with it.

I thought he was going to dust off the paddle from the cupboard, where it has resided for the past year or so, but no!

For a seat belt issue, he chose to use his belt on my seat! - Darn.

It has been a seriously long time since he used his belt and boy does it chafe!

I said that there is not excuse for it.

Well actually, it turns out there is!

I have Acute Stress Disorder and have a tendency to switch off.

My brain seems to turn itself off when faced with any small insignificant things and instead I end up in dream land. This happens when I am at work, when people are talking to me and when I am driving!

My beloved and I didn't realise that I was doing this and that it may be the cause of me forgetting to strap the kids in the car.

Oh dear.

I hadn't realised quite how bad it was until I passed a red light last week.

My husband would normally have been furious, especially as I had both the kids in the car and ended up stuck in a one way system with oncoming traffic coming!

I was also on my way to see my psyche nurse at the time who told me in no uncertain terms that I am not well enough to drive! - Not sure why I didn't see this before.

My darling man agreed and my keys were taken away! Poop!

I hope I will be able to drive again soon, I live in the middle of nowhere and feel very isolated now!

Well there is one positive, if it prevents me from getting a spanking then maybe I shall walk from now on!


10 comments:

  1. I would make strapping them in your number one priority. Find whatever way will work for you to remember because it only takes a second to lose something so precious and irreplaceable. Maybe put a note on your dashboard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's written on my dashboard with a sharpie!
    I'm not driving now until I can concentrate better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! Sharpie, wow. That's a pretty permanent reminder too! Hopefully you will be right as rain soon. Glad everyone is okay too!

      Delete
  3. Do you have friends you could have over so as to help fill in your days. Perhaps you need a bike with a trailer so you can get out with the girls even if for a short time. Although you do live in the UK so from I hear it is always cold and wet! hehe That would be difficult to not be able to drive, but I agree at this point it is definitely for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, C, thank goodness everyone is safe and sound. Obviously there is more going on here than you being distracted. Good thing that your nurse recognized it as did your husband. Maybe being stuck in the middle of nowhere might just do the trick to relieving your stress. I certainly hope you feel back to your old self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit I've driven off without the baby strapped in before. And once, when my four year old learned how to unbuckle himself and stand up in the van just to make me mad, he got a black eye because I braked suddenly. I was devastated!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh C, I'm sorry :( It's really positive that you have discovered the reason why this is happening though. Hopefully now you know, you may be able to find ways to manage it.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, this makes good sense now. I read your previous posts and was trying to figure out what could possibly keep you from remembering something so important. I'm so glad you now know what is going on and in time, will find some ways to manage. Hang in there C!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey C...sorry you got belted and your driving privileges removed but so happy you have discovered the underlying problem. Hopefully you will soon have it under control and can safely drive again.

    Sending lots of prayers and healing energy your way.

    Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's quite unsettling for you, I'm sure! I hope you get the help you need and are able to get back to task soon.

    ReplyDelete